Monday, April 20, 2009

A couple of friends (Sarah at http://www.nestinginpleasantview.blogspot.com/ and Christy at http://www.hereandhome.blogspot.com/) had this on their websites, so I thought I'd join the fun!





For Today...

Outside my window... Gloomy and rainy, but the sunshine is coming back in a couple of days!

I am thankful for... God giving me the opportunity to be at home with my son while following new directions He has asked me to pursue. And for my VERY understanding and supportive husband who has stood by me through all of those recent changes.

From the kitchen... My least favorite place in the home (except when it comes to Christmas baking, and visiting with friends and family who always seem to end up gathering in the kitchen!). Today, I'm thinking fried potatoes for dinner with who knows what else - hopefully, something will come to me before then.

I am wearing... Comfy jeans and my "The country that prays together stays together" t-shirt.

I am reading... Still finishing up "The Passion Of Jesus Christ" by John Piper. It's very good, but also somewhat intense, which takes a lot more focused energy to get through. I'm also recommitting to my daily Bible reading - I confess that, while I have been reading my Bible every day, I have gotten behind on my 'through the Bible chronologically in a year' reading plan.

I am hoping... To receive my final approval and materials from the Leadership Academy in order in order to begin classes in the Ministerial Study Program. Then I'm hoping for God's strength and wisdom to help me get through the program!

I am creating... Seemingly more messes and chaos as I try to clean out drawers, boxes, etc.!

I am hearing... Continuous talking and questions from my 5 year old son (life is great!).

Around the house... Boxes, boxes, everywhere! Cleaning out my office at work has created so much disorganization around the house that I don't even know where to begin.

One of my favorite things... My first thought was my ipod because I love to listen to my music, especially Christian music, but I have tons of all kinds of music on there. But when I asked my 5 year old what he thought my favorite things are, he said kisses and hugs... I think his answer wins by a landslide!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Taking a new friend on Tuesday to get information on pursuing a part-time opportunity with my company and getting to know her better, driving to Westerville Wednesday to take my my in-college daughter to dinner, helping to facilitate Dave Ramsey's Town Hall For Hope meeting on Thursday (look it up and attend a live teleconference rence in your area!), taking my son to gymnastics Thursday and to our church soccer camp Saturday, enjoying my new schedule and more time to hang out with my family, and whatever else the Lord puts in front of me.

What does YOUR day look like?! Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment